Saturday, April 4, 2009

Fittest Games Championship

Well, today was the big day. The test. Thursday I went to a Pilates class for lululemon, and yesterday I didn't do anything but... yep: rest. The championship was a blast -- tons of spectators, great atmosphere, and elite athletes. I definitely have some work to do if I'm gonna compete with these guys. I was definitely in the fastest heat (the heat I wanted) with Kris Kepler and Jarrod Freshour (who came in 1st and 2nd in the prelims, respectively). I ended up placing 14/21 with a combines time of 27:56 for both workouts.

First workout
4 rounds for time of:
400 m run; 5 chest to bar pull ups; 10 push ups; 15 squats @ 115 lbs.

Time: 12:14.


Second Workout
500 m row
10 full squat cleans @ 155 lbs.
2 chest to bar pull ups
8 fsc
4 pu
6 fsc
6 pu
4 fsc
8 pu
2 fsc
10 pu
500 m row.

Time: 15:42.

The second workout was by far one of the most challenging workouts I have done yet. A brutal combination of strength and endurance. The qualifiers for the CrossFit Games in Dallas are only a month away (May 1st, 2nd and 3rd). Now it's time to re-focus and plan the next month!

Paleo-zone, supplements, and crushing WOD's. That's all there is to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment