Thursday, October 20, 2011
The CrossFitter's Creed
1. Do not think you can master CrossFit or achieve elite fitness in a day. It may take an entire lifetime to learn. Keep showing up. Be consistent even when you don't feel like it. Consistency is the key.
2. "Virtuosity" is performing the common uncommonly well. Master your body and the mechanics of the movement. Practice the fundamentals. Then add speed and intensity.
3. Promise to do your best. Your best may vary from day to day from hour to hour from minute to minute. But in that minute do the best you can.
4. If you can run, run. If you have to walk, walk. If you are forced to crawl, crawl and then rest and survive to fight another day.
5. Fear no man but fear your workout. If you don't fear your workout it isn't hard enough.
6. You may puke, you may cry, but I do not quit. Ever.
7. Never cheat. There is no honor in cheating. What joy can there be in a victory that you did not earn?
8. Check your ego at the door. Have the courage, humility and curiosity to ask questions and ask for help. Be willing to be a student. Be willing to share with others.
9. So be afraid... be inspired... be angry... be strong... be weak... be passionate... be yourself... be ALIVE and be CrossFit!
10. Welcome! You are about to find out who you are and what you are made of!
Borrowed from CrossFit LA. Thank you for your hospitality and friendship.